Monday, April 19, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes

First off, I have to apologize for my lack of posting recently! I've just been admitted to graduate school and life has been a little hectic. But there have still been big things happening in the kitchen... It's official. Best cupcakes yet. Is it unfair that I say that every time I make something?

For these DELICIOUS treats I used the chocolate cupcakes recipe that you see in the previous post. To add a little twist, I filled the cupcake molds 1/3 full with batter added a chocolate peanut butter cup candy, and then filled the mold so it was about 2/3 full total. I baked for 20-24 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the side of cupcake came out clean. I let the cupcakes cool then topped them with my fabulous peanut butter frosting! Here is the recipe:

2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla

Simply combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. Be careful using a handheld electric mixer, as this frosting is pretty thick! Maybe blend with the mixer then by hand until smooth.
Frost using your favorite method and decorate! YUMMMMM!!! My boyfriend said these made his top two favorite desserts of all time, and the batch I brought to work was polished off very quickly. There is no doubt I'll be making these again and again!


4 comments:

  1. what does connor like better than these--they look awesome! Too bad we don't have peanut butter or instant chocolate pudding here :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. His mom's chocolate hazelnut mousse pie...i made it for Thanksgiving and he practically ate the whole thing. Its hard to top something he's been eating his whole life!
    If they could overnight things to Italy for a reasonable price, i would totally make these and send them to you for our Bday

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha thanks! The customs guys would probably confiscate them as "dangerous foreign substances" and eat them themselves! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are pretty dangerous... for my hips...

    ReplyDelete