Thursday, April 22, 2010

Lemon Cupcakes Round 2

So here is my attempt at a more moist, more decadent, lemon cupcake. I have to say I succeeded, but this is definitely for those with a serious sweet tooth!

Ingredients
2 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 package instant lemon pudding
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup oil
3/4 cup hot water
3 eggs
8 oz sour cream
zest of 1 lemon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix all of the dry ingredients (sugar, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pudding mix) in a large bowl until well blended. Add all of the wet ingredients and mix until smooth. Add the lemon zest and incorporate evenly. Fill lined cupcake tins until 2/3 full, the add desired fruit (I added blueberries and raspberries!) Bake 20-24 mins or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool and frost!

I have to admit I cheated on this one. I used store bought frosting!! So embarassed... but I shouldn't cause it was totally delicious and when my friend Halley came over to help me decorate, it was much easier! We used two containers of Betty Crocker(TM) Lemon Buttercream, as well as a Vanilla from the same brand. We frosted the whole cupcake with the lemon frosting, put a blue or purple dollop of frosting (colored with Wilson coloring paste) in the center, and topped with a raspberry or blueberry! So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment